As I mentioned yesterday, before the baby was born I cobbled together a list of crafty/maker(y) oriented stuff I wanted to start learning after the baby was born and I regained the use of my hands. I found this list the other day, and in the interest of starting to actually use it, I thought I’d start organizing and sharing it. If you’ve done anything on the list and have some ideas or thoughts on where/how to get started, by all means – share away.
I’ve decided that I want to organize it into categories, and instead of having a HUUUUGE list, and getting totally intimidated, I culled it down to 10 things that I believably can do or try by the end of this year. This isn’t about patterns I want to do, but techniques I want to try, or new things I want to learn how to do.
- Use my “crazy yarn” to create a blanket or throw – damm the way it looks!
- Knit something with beads
- Make a skein of coiled yarn longer than 20 yards – and use it
- Make yarn with beads (not to be used in item 2 above – that’s for attaching beads to non-beaded yarn)
- Prep my raw alpaca
- Make myself a dress I wouldn’t be ashamed to leave the house in
- Make homemade ice cream
- Make freezer jam
- Make paper
- Etch glasses